Reference Number: NT1345
We are currently looking for a number of Project Accountants to join the team of finance professionals that help keep our projects on time and on budget.
Our Project Accountants provide financial assistance and expertise to Project Managers, working with a portfolio of projects ranging in size, revenue and complexity. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills in Operations or Cost Accounting in a complex project environment.
- Generate accurate and timely project budgets for Project Manager/Business Area/Corporate approval
- General fiscal performance forecasts for both existing projects and assigned planning projects for annual budget and half year formal update
- Provide forecasts for gross revenue, contribution, and cash flow on a monthly basis
- Produce monthly reports including Cost Trend, A/R, milestone status, updates to the fiscal budget, etc.
- Maintain and reconcile project cost reports; Co-ordinate invoicing and billing schedules
- Assist Project Managers in the preparation of the project plan, progress reports, etc.
- Co-ordinate with Project Managers and Finance/Contracts departments to ensure all financial instruments are up-to-date and reflect project requirements
- Track, in detail, all commitments, purchases and outstanding items and arrange shipping/customs details and documentation
- Business-related degree or diploma with registration and progress towards the completion of a professional designation (CMA OR CGA), or a combination of education and experience
- At least two years of accounting related experience
- Experience with cost and/or project accounting an asset
- Intermediate level computer skills including proficiency with spreadsheets
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, and the ability to work under pressure and meet numerous deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving/lateral thinking skills
Candidates with senior level project accounting experience are also encouraged to apply.
Location: Richmond, BC
Date Posted: June 19, 2013
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer