Reference Number: NT1355
MDA is seeking a qualified CA to join its Internal Audit Department in the position of Internal Auditor. With a focus on business excellence and an overall objective of providing assurance over the design and effectiveness of internal controls, you will plan engagements, assess risk, develop and apply tests and recommend appropriate corrective actions.
This position provides a unique and excellent opportunity for professional development and growth. The successful candidate will have a combination of current audit experience, strong knowledge of IFRS and internal control concepts, and outstanding personal and written communication skills.
- Provide assurance to management and the Audit Committee over the design and effectiveness of internal controls around financial reporting, processes and systems
- Understand business objectives and assess risks to determine scope, focus and appropriate audit methodology
- Independently plan and conduct internal audits which comply with professional standards
- Conduct special projects and provide management advice and assistance
- Prepare audit reports that initiate appropriate corrective actions and follow-up to ensure the correction actions are implemented
- Monitor for compliance with Company policies regarding CSOX and execute related CSOX test plans
- Administer other corporate governance activities as required from time to time
- Promote best practices throughout MDA
- Qualified CA (at least one to two years post-designation) with recent public practice experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the Company
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to quickly grasp complex business concepts
- Strong understanding of business processes, internal control concepts and IFRS
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to details, and the ability to work independently
- Ready and willing to travel across North America for up to 30% of the year
Location: Richmond, BC
Date Posted: January 10, 2014
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer