|Software Engineer - Geospatial Modeling
Reference Number: T1370
Flight is one of man-kind’s greatest technological advances. From early attempts at manned flight over two thousand years ago, travel by air has become the modus operandi in an ever expanding global economy. Our customers are either responsible for the air navigation network or want to operate on this network as safely and efficiently as possible. This is our focus. We deliver large software systems that let our customers define how to safely optimize global aviation operations in a changing world.
We are currently looking for talented software engineers with expertise and interest in geospatial modeling and integration of GIS technologies into large software systems. You will contribute and grow your expertise in design, analysis, development and team lead roles. Applicants with a range of experience, from junior through intermediate, are encouraged to apply.
As a software engineer, you will have the opportunity to participate in all phases of the development life-cycle, including:
- Planning work, providing development estimates and following through with implementation and deployment
- Working from requirements to develop or modify complex software programming applications
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high quality applications
- Integration, testing and deployment of applications
- Creating solutions to engineering problems that are attractive to our customers and are cost-effective
- Identifying and incorporating potential technological advances in line with the long-term goals of the Aviation business
Previous experience in the Aviation domain is not required – a keen interest in learning about it is. In addition, you will need:
- A University degree in applied physics, applied math with exposure to software development, engineering, computer science with strong math background, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- The ability to understand and work with complex software requirement specifications
- A team oriented approach to solving technical problems within budget and schedule constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Technical requirements - some combination of:
- Algorithms development (design, implementation and testing) in the areas of geometric modeling, GIS (spherical earth, ellipsoidal earth, map projections), computer vision, robotics, digital terrain modeling or any other application that require spatial modeling.
- Integration (use of C++ or Java API) and/or customization of GIS commercial tools (such as ESRI ArcGIS, Google Earth, Intergraph Geomedia, Oracle Spatial etc.) to provide geospatial data management, map visualization and viewing of geospatial data in 3D
- Applied Knowledge of Geospatial Data formats used in Industry (raster, vector and digital terrain data)
- Applied knowledge of OGC services, SVG and GML
- Working knowledge of C++ and/or Java technologies and Object Oriented Design methodology
The ability to obtain a basic security clearance is required for this position.
Location: Richmond, BC
MDA provides customers around the world with essential information solutions used for decision making. Our employees enjoy challenging careers with opportunity for growth and learning.
MDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer